Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Busselton - My New Area



12-9-12

Hey Family! It’s Sunday Evening and I’m sitting here with my companion Elder Anderson. I guess I’m planning on telling you about my new area. It’s great and I love it here! I’m now down in Busselton in the south western corner area of Australia. My new area is basically the entire peninsula that kind of sticks out of Australia. Yep, better believe it. Down here sharks just eat people and stuff so it’s pretty sweet. It’s got great beaches but I don’t know what the water feels like because I’ve never felt it. There is also a Jetty here that’s over a mile long. It’s 1.9 k. 

Also, for P-days in this area, Elder Anderson and I are going down to the bat caves. Basically they are these caves with bats in them and stuff. Down in this country area that’s the kind of stuff we do. Also we go golfing for $10 which is pretty sweet. 

It’s a beautiful area. What’s nice about it is when you contact people, they reject you so nicely and I love it. In my last area people just weren’t happy with life and here they are and that is good. It’s a sweet as area and I love it. 

Here is Elder Anderson to say hi and introduce himself:
“Hi family, I’m Elder Anderson. I’m from West Jordan, UT. Which is kind of by Highland I guess… the same vicinity. I also have a girlfriend but she’s not going on a mission. She’s going to China though so that’s cool. Elder Cook is the man. Pretty much the best teacher I’ve been with. He knows his stuff so you should be proud. Good job.”

Elder Anderson is the man. 

This week we had an incident on a Friday evening after some Zone Leaders gave us some bread. We decided to have a bread fight with it. We were just chucking loaves of bread across the flat. It made a mess but it was worth it. They really gave us so much bread. That’s what we do for fun, it was awesome.
It’s weird that the Christmas season is coming up because it’s hot outside. It doesn’t even feel like Christmas but everyone keeps talking about Christmas and our flat is decorated all Christmas like thanks to Elder Anderson and the people who gave us the decorations. It’s fantastic. 

We had a few investigators come to church today. It was perfect because I even got to give a talk today in our little branch. It was fantastic. Everyone said it was a good talk but they are probably just being nice. 

So that is kind of our area and that’s us and what’s happening in our neck of the woods. We’ll catch you later. Hope all is well back home. We’ll see you later.

Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment