Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Transfers Tomorrow... Its Driving me Crazy



9-2-12


Hello! It’s Sunday night. Right now I’m a little on edge because tomorrow is transfers and I have no clue what’s going to happen and I wish I just knew. It’s driving me crazy. Our zone leader assigned out some stuff but President Lindsey does things so differently and it’s weird. But he is called of God so… it’s exciting.
So I’ll tell you a little about my week. I decided, or at least I found out the reason why I’ve been in this area. I really needed to be humbled. I came from a great nice area with humble people and now that I’m here with Elder Bennion, people have everything going for them and are wealthy so they aren’t compelled to be humbled. So everywhere else I go I can at least respect the area and see the potential. There is a lot of potential in this area and we haven’t done our very best to fully grasp it and make corrections to our viewpoint. I’m excited because if we stay in this area we will definitely fine success and if not, then it was definitely a learning curve over the past six weeks. 

So here are some answers to your questions:

What I admire about President Lindsey is that first he’s a great guy. He really does his best to be a good mission president. You can tell he’s new and not quite fully comfortable with everything but he’s getting there. I’m looking for the love from him. He’s just getting into the role of President and it will all come. I don’t know if I told you but I actually got to do some modeling with him. It was kind of funny because I felt like I was modeling with the Anchor Man. Even the way he talks with his catch phrase or the way his voice is all epic. It’s cool. 

A trait that I respect from my companion is that he’s not afraid to have fun. He can make the work fun instead of boring. He knows how to laugh and have fun with it. He can talk to anyone and make friends with ward members. He has really good people skills and wow, I wish I was better at that.

To show love for the Australian people I have gone out and done my best to serve them as a missionary. It doesn’t quite work out that way every time but by not giving up on them is another way I’ve shown love. I probably make it sound worse than it is. They really are great people and are nice and inviting. It’s been good getting to know a lot of people. In Rockingham there were a lot of islanders and Australians but up here there are mostly just Australians. There are also a lot of Indians, Asians, and Africans as well. It’s been interesting to teach and get to know all these different races and their beliefs in God and why they believe it. All the races seem very prayerful and that’s good. 

The scripture that I love most at the moment is…. Well there is a lot but D&C101:7-8 talks about prayer. Every time I read it, it humbles me. It helps me take prayer a lot more serious and gives me a better desire when I pray.  It helps me know that as I’m praying to the Father with all I have and give thanks for the blessing I have, he’ll always be there to answer my prayers. That’s so significant. When I’m reading the scriptures or even just studying, I’m always paying attention to the promised blessings in the scriptures because they can be the most powerful thing. We do have promises in the scriptures and that’s what makes them real. God only wants us to try them and see if it’s true. 

Sorry, Honestly I’ve been thinking a lot about transfers so my mind is not all here. But tomorrow I get my new set up scriptures. They are compact little scriptures with the Book of Mormon and Bible separate.  I’m so excited. This whole week during my spare time I’ve been sitting down and putting together these scriptures references, heaps of doctrinal questions that we always are asked.  There are about 35… wow that’s a lot. So there are about 35 doctrinal topics that I often talk to people about and there are 6-20 scriptural references there. It will be so great to have any thoughts or references I want to share with people right there and available. 

Also, I got a new suit. I’m excited about it. It’s a light gray color. I’m excited about it because I grew out of … or shrunk out of both of my suits and ended up giving them away.  They looked baggy as on me. It stunk but they have a store here that has suits for about $60. They don’t look bad. They aren’t the nicest but they are OK and fitted pretty well. So I decided I’d save up all the change I have for a while and buy one. I already have about $15. 

Ok, so I gotta run but I’m going to get better at these messages. 

Love ya, Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment