Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Power of the Priesthood is so Real!


10-1-12

Hey Family, miss ya.

Well my voice recording was too big and didn't send, so sorry. Plus i didn't have time to write a letter or make a new voice recording… I'm a terrible person!

Anyway, today is Tuesday. Our P-day was moved a day because of a holiday on Monday.  When i was tracting I saw that someone was watching a football game (Giants vs. Eagles). Then i realized that that game was live and it was Sunday night football over there... sad. I hope the Eagles won; I hate the Giants, but yeah.

General Conference is in two weeks for us. We get the recorded version but still I'm pretty pumped for it! The Woman’s Conference would be awesome to go to also.

I loved the letter you sent me and the ward agenda for the month!.. Wow i love that thing and I don't know why.
    
Elder Liutai and I are getting along great except we do the Slug bug thing in the car and my left arm is going to fall off... he has the biggest arms in the world. Anyways the work is awesome! I hate to sound like the standard missionary there because I do like to be different but I'm glad to have the experiences I'm having and the blessings I've been receiving are amazing.



Every Friday night we get some of the ward, investigators and less active members together for some touch rugby! It's a lot of fun plus it's good to have that mini break where we are still getting fellowship but also playing sports. As we were playing one of the young single adults in our ward went to do a step(juke) and blew out his knee. By the sound I heard and the obvious pain he was in I could tell it was pretty urgent. He asked to have an ambulance and was rolling around on the floor. When I ran up to him it was really clear that he hurt! I asked him to lie on his back. As he did I saw his knee instantly started bruising and swelling. I asked him if he would like a blessing. He replied yes and my companion anointed as I did the sealing. After the ambulance came and got him and took him to the hospital. We found out later when we saw him at church that the doctors couldn't find anything seriously wrong. I'm positive that the blessing helped. I'm so grateful to be worthy of the priesthood and to be able to be ready in any case that as Elder Holland stated "lightning will strike" I'm glad my companion and I were ready to act and be instruments in the lords hands. :)

The power of the priesthood is so real. Also that morning I gave a training in district meeting about becoming a sacred missionary so we could use our priesthood in times of emergency. WOW then that happened!

Ofa atu (love you in tongan).

Keep the faith!

Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment