Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Birthday Week



8-12-2012


I’m sitting here with my companion Elder Bennion. We are as tired as can be. It’s almost bed time which makes me excited. Best time of the day. 

It was another interesting week. It wasn’t as successful as we had hoped but I’m trying to gain more faith in this area you can say. But all is well on the Western Front. 

It was pretty interesting though. We were walking around Fremantle, just walking around the city and this guy came up to us and thought we were people out of the bible living again. He told us that he was Muhammad. He was serious; he really did believe that he was Muhammad. That was interesting. 

There is this other guy who is investigating the church and he does this art. It’s a different style of art. One day I will have to tell you the web site and you can look it up. I’d be curious to see what it really looks like because we don’t really know what’s on his web site. He likes to call us buy our names. He calls me Hamilton. I told him my name but he calls me Hamilton anyway. Hamilton stuck and it’s awesome. 

We have seen heaps of Jellies this week. We have seen so many jelly fish and it’s the scariest thing ever. We have only seen them in the river because we haven’t been over by the ocean. That’s where the lighthouse is though. We could go over there but there is no point. People do fish for squid there though. I guess we could go contacting there. 

So my birthday was this week. That was awesome. I got some sweet presents and I can’t believe I’m 20. Oh, my companion gave me a sweet watch. It was awesome and it makes me happy. All the presents I got from everyone were fantastic. Coming up in April is going to be Elder Bennion’s birthday. That’s exciting. He’ll be 21 going home in the next few months. 

There isn’t a lot happening in our area but we’re trying to get it going so most of our days we spend contacting. We haven’t contacted anyone really yet but someone who is awesome in this area is a girl who is less active. She is pretty much the bomb. If only all less actives could be like her. She just quit smoking again and just texted us saying, “So the first lesson I want to be on obedience and the next on humility… but those are just suggestions.” We were like, “ok.”  Yeah we’ll take those suggestions. If only everyone would text us they want to be taught this and that it would be really good. Plus, tonight we went over to their house and we made the best pizzas… they were so good. We are sick now because we ate too much. Everything was fresh. We cut it up there, put it on a pizza stone and then put the stone in a barbeque and closed the lid. It was the greatest Idea ever. Mom that’s what you should do with your pizzas. Just put it in a barbeque, not the oven. It’s the bomb. 

This whole month we have no feeds from members and it’s really hard. We have a meal calendar in our ward that the Relief Society sisters do it but we looked at our calendar last week and nobody had signed up. We have two sets of missionaries in our ward and all the members are over on their side. There really aren’t any members on our side except a few.

This week we got to go to the temple. It was a really good birthday present. We just need that temple and the peace it brings when you go. You go through and you feel fantastic afterward. It’s great. 

It was stake conference today. It was pretty cool because our President talked. He is changing a lot about our mission right now. 

So I’m the designated driver right now. I basically drive now… always.  So if I get a speeding ticket it’s all on me. Elder Bennion is paying a nice speeding ticket of $150. 

Elder Bennion: “Let me just say that we were doing the Lord’s work here and I thought that if I just increased my speed a little we’d get there faster. Let’s just say it wasn’t a good choice. Here they really don’t have police but they have speed cameras. So as we were going there was a flash and they caught us on camera. About two months later I got a thing in the mail that said ‘Here, pay $150’ so I’m kind of poor for the next couple months now.”

It’s been a pretty normal and tough week this week; Nothing too exciting. We just need to get out there and talk to people. Someone we will meet will let us in and talk to us. 

Have a good night and week,
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment