Saturday, February 16, 2013

Quote For the Day: The Man on Top of the Mountain Didn't Just Fall There.



9-16-12

Hey family. I’ll make you a sad attempt at the past week. I swear there was a lot more that happened because we were so much busier but I really am not going to go through my journal right now. I’m ready to go to bed. Correlating just takes it out of you. 

This week some cool stuff happened. Elder Liutai is teaching me how to speak Tongan so that’s cool. I’m not too good at it yet but he is also teaching me how to play the guitar. It’s pretty easy but it sounds pretty mean so I’ll play it for you one day. 

I already told you Elder Liutai is a personal trainer and how we do hard core workouts so I can basically say I’m getting huge. Also, I’m trying to memorize quotes because I love teaching with quotes. Elder Liutai is really getting me into them. He is the king of quotes! 

Bummer BYU lost...actually at a dinner yesterday we got that random news. Haha, its funny how I still hear about random stuff like that. I totally forget what's going on over there! I just realized when we went to a part member family’s house. I wasn’t trying to watch TV but ESPN was on and they were talking about football. It’s crazy. I forget that stuff is still going on after I left.

This week we found some more potential people to teach through contacting and also tracting. A nice experience that happened during tracting: We went on splits with our zone leaders and I just happened to go with another American. Elder Liutai and Elder Callie went together. As we went tracting it was the same ol same ol. Not to sound like I lack faith because I don’t, I have faith in finding. I know there is always someone just around the corner. Anyway we were kinda just walking up the street and saw a guy working on his boat. We walked up to him and asked him “how’s it going?” He instantly asked “Where are you from?” I was thinking, oh great. We were both from America and that never works out good. So we tried to point out the other two elders down the road are from Australia. But this guy was actually from Southern California. We talked to him for a while and he said he has a belief about something but he didn’t know what. He had good points about religion and he also listen to our views and why religion is important. He’s actually pretty open to listen. He has a good knowledge and was willing to take a Book of Mormon. He said he would read it but he said he’s not very interested in religion right now. We’ll see after he reads the Book. He’s a really nice guy. We haven’t really had long talks with people like that. 

We have another appointment set up for Friday. It might be a bible bash and it really doesn’t go anywhere. Hopefully they will listen to our views with an open heart and feel the truth about what we have to share.
So that’s what is going on. There are a lot of baptismal dates going on around us. We are in more of a ritzy area but where there is more opposition there is more opportunity. There is someone out there that Satan is trying to blind us from. 

Anyways, this is our week. Elder Liutai is the man and it’s great to have a companion I love to be around and is great. “Hi Family! Love Yous,” he says.

We’ll see yas later. We hope you guys have a good one. Make sure to always keep the faith. The mission so far is going good. Yep, I’m lovin it. We’ll see ya. Remember I love you to the moon and back ;)

Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment